Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

BSOD Now my pc wont boot.

• Please log in to reply

xrom

xrom

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hey, last night my PC got the BSOD for the first time and since then it has failed to properly boot up.

I only just saw the stop code but im 90% sure it was 0x0000007F, i was about to log in when it blue screened if that helps.

When i turn my pc on it skips POST and gets stuck on a screen that has my mobo logo on it, it has the options to show POST and enter setup but when ever i attempt to enter these it freezes. (I had to swap my USB keyboard to a PS2 eyboard as my pc wasn't finding it)

There was a few trys where it would get past the screen it freezes on now and it would say " Disk error insert system disk" or something similar, only thing is everytime i manage to get to this screen my cd drive has no power so it wont load it. The few times my cd drive has power it wont make it to that screen and ill get stuck on the mobo screen.

My pc specs are, Asus crosshair 2 mobo, amd phenom x4 9950 BE, 8gb of ocz platnium ram and a xfx 260 BE, seagate 500gb. (I can't remember my PSu full specs but i made sure it could power everything fine when i bought the rig)

Thanks.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Are you saying, the CD drive has no power at all?
Did you try to boot into Safe Mode?

xrom

xrom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Are you saying, the CD drive has no power at all?
Did you try to boot into Safe Mode?

At first it had no power now it does.

No it skips booting and just stays on the mobo logo.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Pull the RAM out of the DIMM B slots and see if it will boot on 4 gigs of RAM. I've had some ASUS boards that do not play well with 8 GB of RAM aboard unless the DRAM voltage is increased a little.