Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP locking up for several minutes periodically. Have event viewer err

• Please log in to reply

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
LOL!!! It's not really funny, but sort of amusing that your computer is customized so nothing much is running, but something is hanging it. You would think the more stuff you disable, the less chance of a hang.

How many processes start up when you start your computer? I have only 20 processes running directly after startup, and 21 as I type this. My Nvidia Service is shut down in Services. It doesn't seem to matter if it's running or not so I don't allow it to start. You might shut it down for isolation. What about your Spyder calibration program, is it running "real time"... what I mean is, does it adjust your monitor constantly or do you need it to be running only when you use the probe and calibrate? I guess you could kill that for now too.

There has to be something running or monitoring something. Do you use Hijackthis on your computer?

Edited by makai, 23 March 2009 - 08:09 PM.

Advertisements