Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Audio output device installed

• Please log in to reply

ann051

ann051

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I need some info please.

Just had a friend upgrad my computer from win xp to win vista ultimate. 32-bit for my zv5000 hp notebook. I have no sound.
I installed all of the needed windows updates and the only one that didn't install was my sound.
I don't know what to do. I have Realtek Ac '97 and the install error code is 80070103.
In the right hand corner the sound icon has a red "x" beside it and the info says "no audio output device is installed".

Can someone help me resolve this. I'm a novice so please be very detailed. Thank you so much.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
You need to install sound driver.
What is the brand, and model of your computer?

ann051

ann051

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Thanks for replying.
I found some interesting info. My ZV5000 hp wasn't made to use vista. So, we had a light bulb moment and decided to upgrade from xp to vista sp1. Didn't install realtek but installed SoundMax Digital Audio. Works like a charm.
This is working so much better. Maybe this will help someone else. Thankfully, I had someone help with this suggestion.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Cool :)