Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Empire Total War Problem: Solution? Hardware

• Please log in to reply

hellodave123

hellodave123

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hey all. recently purchased Empire total war. I mistakingly believed that because my comp ran medieval 2 total war on full quite easily, it could handle Empire. How wrong I was!

Before I spend uneccessary money I'd just like to confirm a theory.

The map goes slow and laggy, sometimes freezes for a second or two, really strange. Some battles are really sweet, even though I've turned the graphics down, still at 1440x900 though. However, some, especially the ones with garrisoned enemy units, are laggy and slow and jumpy. It's really suprising considering how good medieval 2 ran, especially the simple concept of a capaign map!

My system specs are as follows:

Processor = Intel Pentium ???? something or other, 2.80GHz. (not brilliant, but usually does the job)
Video Card= Nvidia 9600GT (not top of the line, but quite a decent budget card as I understand it)
1gb Ram (my theory)

I'm thinking, perhaps I need another gig of ram. 1gb of ram for modern games really shouldn't cut it and possibly it's finally showing through.

Do you believe if I get some more RAM it'll run better?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Edited by hellodave123, 22 March 2009 - 05:07 PM.

Advertisements

yanks23

yanks23

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
im not a computer genius but have read alot of reviews for this game and im building a computer just for empire total war. Another gig of ram should help out alot and a 9600gt should play this game on low to med setings so having 2 gigs of ram should be your answer.

hellodave123

hellodave123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Thanks you the reply, I thought no1 would ever answer. Going to knocking it up to 2gb of RAM soon enough then. And yeah, the 9600gt can handle it I think, possibly even above medium levels.