Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Resolution stuck at 640x480!

• Please log in to reply

maverick+

maverick+

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey guys, well this morning I booted up my computer to see that I got a bsod just as I loaded up, and it told me that something was wrong with nv4_disp. I decided to boot into safe mode and I uninstalled my drivers as I thought this was related to my nvidia drivers for my video card, which is a 7600gt (x2 in sli), and everything seemed to be going fine and I loaded into windows and installed my drivers, but as I loaded back into my desktop after a restart, my resolution was at 640x480 and I could not change it. I've been sitting here for almost 6 hours now trying to figure this out and its driving me crazy, does anybody know what's wrong and if there's a fix besides a reformat? I already tried to repair XP with the disk. Thanks.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Did you actually reinstall nVidia drivers?

maverick+

maverick+

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Did you actually reinstall nVidia drivers?

yes i did.

maverick+

maverick+

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Update: Now I reinstalled the video drivers again, and when I try to increase the resolution it gives me a bsod and says something about nv4_disp.....i tried installing the drivers and again and it did the same thing, am i doing something wrong?

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
1. Navigate to: C:\Windows\Minidump folder.
If you see any .dmp files, zip all of them, and attach zipped file to your next reply.

3. Turn computer off. Open the case. Get a can of compressed air, and clean the inside well. Re-seat video card.