Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Possible infestation

• Please log in to reply

peyote

peyote

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Hi, ok I dont mean to sound paranoid but 1 week ago I done a clean install using Vista and everything was running fine up untill then but because of my lazyness and by hard drive being clutered with junk I decided to do a clean install. Since day one of my install my internet connection had been rediculously slow, blank web pages, taking 2+min to load pages etc. I have a post going on that is being looked at by "Dan" in "networking" but just now I was watching a film on my external hard drive and half way through when I exited to listen to a tune via my exteral hard drive my computer just completely froze up and I was waiting at least 3-4 minutes untill I decided the only option was to hit the poer button on my PC. My computer has never froze before nor have I had any problems to this extent. I think I may have a virus that has been hiding up untill my install and now has decided to wake up as my computer which Im fimulaur with is acting very unusual.

Please can you tell me what I need to do in order to do a log of my system to detect suspiciuos programmes. I asked for help from you guys about 18 months ago whan I had a hardcore virus and you helped me eradicate it using a log that I needed to post. As it was so long ago I forgot the protocal you guys use and I think I really need your help help again.

I see the programmes that were recommended to me and configerations that were recommended have all changes sinse my last vist. Please I need help and a salways I'm very gratefull to your assistence.

Advertisements