Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

JASC - "No Preview Available" & "JASC cannot open f

• Please log in to reply

billg678

billg678

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
The following JASC programs are listed in my "Program Files" folder:
Paintshop photo album - 53.4mb
Paintshop Pro 8 - 99.9mb
Paintshop photo album 5 - 129mb
Paintshop Pro studio - 232mb

Question: For simple applications, can I retain the Photo Album 5 and not suffer any adverse effect by deleting the other three?

When I attempt to view a picture from "My Pictures" folder, a JASC screen comes up and indicates "no preview available.' Then while on the same screen, when I click on the pic file an "image cannot be read ...file name..." statement comes up.

But when I access these same pictures from my backup CD, JASC software they come up.

The problem has just been noticed and in trying to figure out what has occurred I notice all pictures I'm having trouble with indicate in their "properties" information that they were modified on Feb 16, 2009. Is it safe to assume that somehow I have deleted those pic files?

If yes, why do their file names still show up under their respective folders on the C drive in "My Pictures"?
If not, is there another reason that the JASC "no preview" and "cannot access file ...name..." statements are present?http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/style_images/geeks/folder_post_icons/icon9.gif

Second problem:
I had copied all these pic files to a CD for backup (interestingly this was around the Feb 16 date), and I confirmed that those files had been copied to the CD> However, upon opening that CD yesterday, I have discovered there are no files listed! Is it possible to erase a CD simply by removing it from the drive?

Thanks for any info.

Advertisements

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Is it possible to erase a CD simply by removing it from the drive?

Hi -
A general answer to the above part of the question is , no -
The most likely reason is that they never fully copied or finished the copy to the CD, or you may in some cases need a DVD to place certain imiges on.
This can also be due to / related to the type of Pro Paintshop programs that you have been using.

For simple applications, can I retain the Photo Album 5 and not suffer any adverse effect by deleting the other three?

For this part of your question one would need to know if the programs are Fully related (i.e. part of one program) or are they stand-alone programs -

Regards -
Edited for Spelling only -

Edited by noknojon, 23 October 2011 - 05:06 PM.