Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call Of Duty 2

• Please log in to reply

GeekCutie

GeekCutie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys.

Ok, i purchased COD for my husband a month ago..guess what: he got addicted :) Now he bought COD2, i downloaded it with Direct2Drive last night, and i still cannot get it going. I did save it on the external hard disk, so i have enough space on my laptop ( which has 384 MB of RAM). WHen i clikc on the COD2 folder icon, it opens containing setup, and other stuff, when i click setup it just freezes up,and then i have to ctr+alt+delete and terminate it. Otherwise it will go on like that forever.

Please help anybody that know how to make this work.

THnx in advance
:)

Advertisements

ADNoland

ADNoland

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
I've never used D2D but you may need to contact them, they have a support page.

http://support.direc...asp?deptID=3091

This is their suggestions prior to installing:

Tips prior to installing your new game.
Be prepared!
Hard Drive Space: Your new game is going to need room to unpack. Make sure you have at least two and a half times the hard drive space needed for the game itself. Be aware that your browser temp files are also space hogs. Empty your browser temp files for your game to unpack properly.

Be connected. Your game is going to require online activation. If you are installing your game from a saved Zip file to another computer, you will need an internet connection for the activation process to complete.

Pop Ups: Make sure your firewall/router is configured to allow online activation. And that any pop up blockers or anti spyware programs are disabled. The activation window after all is a pop up.

Zip software: Is your new file a Zip or an .exe ? For best results extracting zip files please use WinZip. Use WinZip and extract all files to one folder on your hard drive. Then from that folder run the setup file to install the game.

Opening an Exe: If the file is an .exe you do not extract the files manually. You simply double click and it self installs. Attempting to extract files from an .exe will result in error when trying to install the game.

Be logged in: Finally, make sure you are logged in to your Direct2Drive account. The game will compare against your account when activating. If you are not the purchaser, it will not activate.

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
You typically cannot run a 3D game that is installed on an external hard drive. The game needs to transfer large amounts of data to the graphics processor very quickly, and it cannot do so over a USB connection. You will need to install the game on an internal hard drive.

However, in addition, the game also requires that you have at least 512MB of RAM. You haven't given the other specs for your laptop, but given the low amount of RAM, I'd be willing to bet some of your other components don't meet the game's requirements as well. So, unfortunately, the game probably won't work even if you install it correctly.