Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

City of Heroes lag/packet loss issue

• Please log in to reply

destinybond

destinybond

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
I'm playing the waiting game. I tried playing on one of the east coast servers this morning for about a half hour and had no problems. I updated my support ticket with NC Soft and haven't heard back from them. It's a little surprising since I've never seen them not respond over the course of an entire day. When I hear back from them, I'll update.

Advertisements

destinybond

destinybond

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
NC Soft got back to me today. The back gist is that since I had no issues connecting to an east coast server that the problem lies either in a middle tier ISP (Limelight) or in the connection from my ISP to the middle tier ISP. According to who contacted me, there have been reports that Limelight has been having some issues now for about a month, so most likely, the problem is there. He said that the info has been passed on to their network operations staff and they are going to contact Limelight about it.

The other thing he said I could is ask Verizon if they could route my connection through a different middle tier ISP, but that's not always possible. Verizon was less than helpful when I tried contacting them before. Is that a viable option?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
its not always viable. Depends on the person you talk to. somethings are out of their control.

destinybond

destinybond

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Ok. So, I guess it's just either play on an east coast server or wait it out until Limelight's issue gets resolved. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction to get some answers with this Starjax.