Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound Drivers

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I didnt uninstall anything. The PC shut off. I turned it back on and it gave me a "Searching for Disk in Floppy Drive" alternating with "Searching for Disk in CD Drive". No other option so I powered down and now I'm getting no screen. (Im on my laptop now.)

So the system shutdown on its own? DID you install the drivers from the link from cbarnard?

Advertisements

AJ1993

AJ1993

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

I didnt uninstall anything. The PC shut off. I turned it back on and it gave me a "Searching for Disk in Floppy Drive" alternating with "Searching for Disk in CD Drive". No other option so I powered down and now I'm getting no screen. (Im on my laptop now.)

So the system shutdown on its own? DID you install the drivers from the link from cbarnard?

Computer was off before I could. Could this be more of a MB problem?

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

What exactly did you uninstall and how?

Ok well lets figure this out... You say it just rebooted on you with out warning?

When it is rebooting is the monitor led light switching colors, "sometimes the light will be Orange when there is no signal and Green when the computer is giving it signal" that was an example, what is yours doing?

If your monitor doesn't react to boot up then I would try holding the insert button during the boot up, sometimes that will "reset the board" if you want to call it that.

Sorry it has been taking me a while to get back to you, I have been tending to my daughter, and stuff along with trying to formulate a reply to you, sometimes people reply back before I do... Sometimes my reply maybe a repeat, or not fit the scenario anymore as someone else has already hit upon it, or it is not the problem any more. This is trouble shooting we have to go through each thing to check it off.

I will be back in a little while to see how this is doing...

Cbarnard

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Possible a mb problem.
How about power supply? Is the fan in the ps running?
Also the fan on processor? Is it turning?

AJ1993

AJ1993

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Ok well lets figure this out... You say it just rebooted on you with out warning?

When it is rebooting is the monitor led light switching colors, "sometimes the light will be Orange when there is no signal and Green when the computer is giving it signal" that was an example, what is yours doing?

If your monitor doesn't react to boot up then I would try holding the insert button during the boot up, sometimes that will "reset the board" if you want to call it that.

Sorry it has been taking me a while to get back to you, I have been tending to my daughter, and stuff along with trying to formulate a reply to you, sometimes people reply back before I do... Sometimes my reply maybe a repeat, or not fit the scenario anymore as someone else has already hit upon it, or it is not the problem any more. This is trouble shooting we have to go through each thing to check it off.

I will be back in a little while to see how this is doing...

Cbarnard

No problem with reply time. So hold in the "Power" Button?

My monitor is LCD and it has a blue light. The light will flash when there no signal or when the screen saver is up and will be solid when there is a signal.

AJ1993

AJ1993

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Ok the MoBo reset worked. PC is on and I get picture. Now how do I remove updates. I could make this easier for you guys .. I have AIM if anyone does.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
We need to do this all through the thread as the fix will help others with the same problem.
You can go through device manager like before and uninstall the audio stuff only.

AJ1993

AJ1993

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

We need to do this all through the thread as the fix will help others with the same problem.
You can go through device manager like before and uninstall the audio stuff only.

Ok I will make note of what I install.

Update: Picture shut off but PC is still on. Doing MoBo Restart.

AJ1993

AJ1993

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
It wont let me remove any drivers in the Device Manager.. How do i go about doing so?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Right click on first entry under Sound Drivers> you should get options window and one should be to uninstall driver
Then do the next one the same way
That should be the only two you should have to worry about
OK if monitor is shutting off then you might check the power options.
It maybe that hibernation mode is enabled or screen saver has been activated that makes the screen go blank.
To check that do
Right click on desktop away from all icons> properties> click on screen saver tab> then power button
In power window make sure the section that says
Turn Off Monitor is set to never
There are 2 others there also
Turn Off Hard Disks
and
System Standby
Both I have set for Never

Edited by rshaffer61, 24 March 2009 - 10:05 AM.

Advertisements

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
Well I had a reply but because it took to long you have already gotten past me. So I had to delete it. I have to head to work. follow along with Rshaffer61. I hope you can get this resolved before I get back from work... good luck, let me know how it turns out...
Cbarnard

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thanks Cbarnard, I will do my best to help and hopefully have them back up and running for you. Thank you for allowing me to help.

AJ1993

AJ1993

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Thanks Cbarnard, I will do my best to help and hopefully have them back up and running for you. Thank you for allowing me to help.

No thank you. I am not able to work on the PC right now because I have some family matters I must assess but I will be up and running around 3:30-4:00 PM EST.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No problem AJ1993. I will monitor the thread and when you are ready just let me know.

AJ1993

AJ1993

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Double check all connections for your speakers, Power, output on the computer and any speaker wires make sure they aren't loose or disconnected then if device manager indicates a problem with your driver for your sound, uninstall the driver then click HERE for the download for your motherboard, install that driver, this is directly from Asus website

I just installed those drivers because I could not find them in my Device Manager so I figured they werent installed. I restarted my PC. Still no sound.

BTW: I can be on for about an hour.

Edited by AJ1993, 24 March 2009 - 11:40 AM.