Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer continues to restart once it reaches Windows Please Please he

• Please log in to reply

ASW81

ASW81

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Yesterday I went onto my doctor's office website, and I got a threat message from AVG. After that, the computer starting logging me off and from there on out it continued to restart/reboot on its own automatically once it got to the Windows screen.

I ran AVG, malware, spybot, mcafee. Spybot found some stuff, but it repaired it. I ran it again and came back clear.

One time when it rebooted it rebooted normally and I was able to make all the updates to Windows even, but then it rebooted and I am back to the same game where I can only get in on safe mode.

I also tried to restoring to as far back as February and that did not work either.

I have Windows XP, and I just don't know what to do anymore. Can someone please help me?

I did the Rooter
OTLISTIT
and extras.txt if that would help I could post it!?

Advertisements

ASW81

ASW81

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Also, I am sorry I didn't introduce myself, say hi. I am obviously new here, although I have lurked for a while and always have found this message board to be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
While in Safe Mode....

1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
2. Click the Advanced tab (Vista: click Advanced system settings).
3. Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings to open the Startup and Recovery dialog box.
4. Clear the Automatically restart check box, and click OK the necessary number of times.
5. Restart your computer in Normal Mode.

You may be able to get some BSOD error. Post back what it says.

ASW81

ASW81

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Sorry I tried that too, but it wasalready unchecked.

When I start in normal mode it goes through the dell screen to the windows logo screen then the screen goes black and I think it says something small in white about power save and it goes back to the dell screen. Sometimes without me even pressing f8 it goes to the bios screen so I. An choose to log in safe mode.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Navigate to: C:\Windows\Minidump folder.
If you see any .dmp files, zip all of them, and attach zipped file to your next reply.