Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Weird things in OE

• Please log in to reply

appleOH

appleOH

• Pip
  • 1 posts
<_< Bless your geeky hearts!
Be gentle with me please. I am computer functional, program capable, and easy to instruct, but am not system knowledgable.
1) A few weeks ago, my OE would tell me I had (#) messages, while only (#) showed up. Then, some would automatically go to deleted file, though I had no blocked senders chosen, and no message rules specifying these senders or subjects. I have 4 accounts with local ISP- Bright.net. 3 come through my website. For awhile, the 'missing' mails were not showing up in 3w webmail, or in Bright. net's webmail either. I know mail was not making it to me, verfied by family members, and because mail retrieved and sent from bright net's remote spam stash did not make it to OE.
2)Things smoothed out. As far as I know, I wasn't missing mail.
3) Windows did updates I didn't actually check. I chose NOT to update OE to version 7 sometime ago, because I didn't like it. I have 6.
4)I also ran a spyware check and eliminated whatever was a threat; not much according to info.
5) I loaded SpamSubtract from HP's 30 day trial, primarily to block more spam through my website. It did, it does. Otherwise, bright net does a wonderful job.
However, OE continues to direct mail to deleted though I have approved senders.
6) NOW. The SS window shows my approved friend's list from my address book and specified subfiles in my OE. One I called Business-temp showed a long list of names I did not want authorized. Only they weren't in the file! None of them were actually showing in the file, only in the SS window.
Clues?
Please reply to my email address, as I can't stay on here. Thanx!

Edited by appleOH, 09 July 2004 - 10:44 PM.

Advertisements