Free help from tech experts
Welcome to Geeks to Go forums. Create a FREE account now to gain access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. Best of all, registration and all assistance is 100% free! This message, and all ads will be removed once you sign in.
Create an Account Login to Account

which is better Norton 360 or Avast

• Please log in to reply

Ingwaz

Ingwaz

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
As the title states I'm interested in which is better Norton 360 or Avast.

I've already payed for Norton as I bought it around 5 months ago but If avast is really that much better I'll just start using it.

thanks for the help in advance.

Edited by Ingwaz, 24 March 2009 - 05:42 PM.

Similar Topics: which is better Norton 360 or Avast     x

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
Norton has gotten itself a bad reputation. I have no experience with it, but I have seen many bad reviews both here and elsewhere. Avast! looks good. It is recommended by many here, and it doesn't seem to take up much resources. I cannot decide for you though, it is your choice.

If you choose to remove Norton 360, it is often that Norton products leave stuff behind, or are difficult to remove, so follow the instructions below to pick up the left behinds;

Go HERE and choose the product that is installed and then download the removal tool.
Run it and reboot.
This should get rid of Norton.

SpySentinel

SpySentinel

R.I.P.

• Retired Staff
  • 5,152 posts
Hi Ingwaz,

Symantec has had a bad reputation with its Norton products, but recently, their 2009 products have made a turn around and have less of an impact on the system resources.

HERE is a review done by this site about the new Norton Internet Security 2009.

AVAST is good as well, but if you have already paid for Norton, I would stick with it until the subscription runs out.
Then you can decide on if you want to renew it or go with AVAST or AntiVir

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
I was going to point him towards the review, but I wasn't quite sure if that applied to 360. You learn something new everyday, eh? :)

Ingwaz

Ingwaz

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
that review was for just the Norton internet security system, However I believe 360 would have better features as well.

4.5/5 is a pretty good review in my opinion.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I wouldn't touch Norton even with a mile long pole.
Even, if they swear to God, 2009 version is better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured