Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

motherboard problems

• Please log in to reply

ambmy9

ambmy9

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
:) I bought a motherboard about a year ago to replace the the fried on me...just about two months ago it started messing it up..it would restart it self and not want to start back up...i unplugged it and open the desktop up and made sure everything was clean and not loose, but when i turned it on it come on but the monitor would not turn on and one of the hard drives started making a noise like it was trying to start up but couldn't....kind of like it kept restarting...it was the slave drive I had in it. The master didn't make any noise it you could hear it start up and keep running...I did put the same cpu in to this one that i used with the last one...i was wondering if that could be the prob...any opinions would be helpful i don't want to replace a bunch of stuff if it don't need it.

Advertisements

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
Welcome to GeekstoGo, My name is Cbarnard. Let's see what we have hopefully I can help you out.

confused1.gif I bought a motherboard about a year ago to replace the the fried on me...

I'm going to need some more information in order to assist you.
What brand/model MOBO you are using.
What brand/ model CPU you are using
Brand/Wattage on PSU
Amount of and speed of RAM
HDD what sizes
CD\dvd drives

As for the computer shutting off unexpectedly During the Reboot strike continuously the insert button "it serves as a reset button" if you want to call it that. That should hopefully work.

As for right now I need the info from above, once I have that I will be able help you better.

Cbarnard

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
Hello,

I see that you have not replied to this post. Do you still need assistance?

If the problem has been resolved please post a reply stating this is resolved. If the problem resurfaces again please reference this thread in the new thread you start.

If you continue to need assistance please reply back with requested information asked for previously in my last post.

I like to hear how things are going for the people I'm assisting, please let me know how it is going good or bad!!!

Thank you very much and good luck

Cbarnard