Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win 7 & Partition Magic/Drive Image

• Please log in to reply

Gouverneur

Gouverneur

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
I have been running Windows 7 Beta using Boot Magic (a Partition Magic accessory).

There have been no problems running Win 7 Beta as the fourth OS on my system.

However, I discovered that Partition Magic cannot resize or move the Partition containing Win 7 Beta.

Also: Drive Image seems to successfully make an image of the Win 7 partition, but cannot restore it.

Is there something different about Win 7 partitions?

A side issue: I noticed Partition Manager 9.0 by Paragon, which claims to be the successor to Partition Magic 8.0 Since PM 8.0 has not been updated by Norton for several years, this might be so.

Any info relating to Partition Manager by Paragon?

Advertisements

isimaster

isimaster

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Drive Image seems to successfully make an image of the Win 7 partition, but cannot restore it.

What is the error message?

This is a bit off your topic. You may want to look into using virtual machines. It's free!!
You can create the virtual machine with a large size (the whole disc if you like) and it will dynamically expand.
There is no need to partition discs.
No need for any disc partitioning software.
No need for any dual (Quad in your case) boot.

Virtualbox by Sun Microsystems can be found here