Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

IE & says cannot connect but can with firefox

• Please log in to reply

MrGentle

MrGentle

• Pip
  • 2 posts
IE 7 wont let me get to the internet stating the below after running diagnostics from Network Diagonstics for Windows XP. I uninstalled Norton and that had no effect. I set the homepage to blank and tried to go to www.google.com and nothing says no connection found. I typed IEXPLORE-EXTOFF in the run box and tries google.com nothing. Please help with opinions. I do have spy No More still installed. It had worked after I installed that program. I am able to us firefox with no problems and MSN messenger.

Last diagnostic run time: 03/24/09 23:27:47 HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Diagnostic
HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity

info HTTPS: Successfully connected to www.microsoft.com.
info FTP (Passive): Successfully connected to ftp.microsoft.com.
warn HTTP: Error 12029 connecting to www.microsoft.com: A connection with the server could not be established
warn HTTP: Error 12029 connecting to www.hotmail.com: A connection with the server could not be established
error Could not make an HTTP connection.
info Redirecting user to support call

DNS Client Diagnostic
DNS - Not a home user scenario

info Using Web Proxy: yes
No DNS servers

DNS failure

Advertisements