Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse Pointer Acting Strange With Certain Keystrokes

• Please log in to reply

timmage

timmage

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Starting last night, I have been noticing that my mouse pointer starts to move towards either the top-left or bottom-right corner of my monitor when I press certain keys on my keyboard. I have a Dell Latitude D600 laptop, and I am using a Logitech Wireless Mouse. in addition to the mouse pointer moving towards either corner, sometimes it will act like there is something moving the pointer into said corner, and I will have to move my mouse multiple times in order to get the pointer to actually follow the mouse properly, and not end up moving itself back into a corner again. So far, I have encountered this problem with the following keys: T, O, 4. I have a theory as to why this is happening, and that is an auto-clicker that somehow got installed on my laptop, and, on certain keystrokes, it moves the mouse pointer. Any information on what might be causing this, and advice to help fix it, are highly apreciated.

Advertisements

timmage

timmage

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
okie, I spoke to a computer tech that lives across the street from me, and he said that it's a bad connection with one of the built-in mice, and I think it might be the sensor stick mouse in the middle of the keyboard. I mean, how would the motion pad slowly pick up momentum, and eventually have enough force to keep the pointe locked in place in a corner of teh screen?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
go to the control panel...mouse...pointer options...uncheck ...enhance pointer precision...click OK...this usually fixes cursor creep
no joy..
uninstall and reinstall your Logitech Wireless Mouse drivers...

Edited by happyrock, 27 March 2009 - 09:45 AM.