Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

cleaned my computer / avg reports virus at website

• Please log in to reply

alan blueh0le

alan blueh0le

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
I received exceptional help from Rorschach112 on a Win32/Cryptor infection in this thread. I'm fairly confident my computer was clean. Then I visited a site I've visited before and was alerted by AVG to the same virus again, which I moved to the vault (successfully I think). Last time it got flagged whenever I opened Firefox, but this time it was on a particular site, powered by JOOMLA, and I already had several tabs open. Does this mean the site itself is infected? I'm not sure I understand how these kinds of viruses spread.

DO NOT VISIT the site unless you realize the RISK, but here it is . . . Removed Posted if someone brave/protected wants to take a look.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello alan blueh0le...

I removed the website from your post to prevent others from being infected through curiosity. Thanks for the heads up...we'll look into it.

wannabe1

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
We have been unable to find an infection at the website you reference. The alerts you are seeing are quite possibly originating from your system. It may be a good idea to PM Rorschach112, ask him to reopen your malware topic and help you look for the source of the alerts you're getting.

alan blueh0le

alan blueh0le

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Thanks for looking. I am no longer getting the AVG alert at the site, but my system is a little funky still. Will do the PM.