Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

printer puts lines on everything!

• Please log in to reply

alistair_bing

alistair_bing

• Pip
  • 2 posts
my printer prints things very dirty, i will try to explain
i have an HP colour LaserJet 2605dn
http://h10010.www1.h...31-1140736.html
when i open it up i see this - Posted Image
the black thing (it is like a plastic film, as you can tell i am not so upto date with all the terminology) becomes very dirty with different colours and this is what makes the print-outs 'dirty'
how can i fix this?? before i print things i clean it but it isn't meant to be like that, right?

thanks is advance

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if the printer is under warranty you can check with HP to find a service center in your area...otherwise you may want to go to the HP website and talk to their support (they've got a chat support that's pretty effective)....the black "film thing" is what transfers the toner to the paper before the laser seals it to the paper...they've got a specific print life (i.e. how many pages it can print before it starts doing what it's doing)....usually you can get a maintenance kit from HP that will fix the issue by replacing all of those parts