Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

No Sound at all

• Please log in to reply

Feweh

Feweh

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi, last week my dad downlaoded one of those stupid MSN viruses that go around through MSN. Everything froze up so we had to Re-Install XP to reset everything then remove the trojans.

Everything was fine i reinstalled the graphics card, motherboard and all that. I installed the Realtek Sound thing aswell.

Now the problem is i dont get any sound, none at all... i've checked everything it says Realtek is working properly, nothing is muted i've gone through the support and all. Theres jsut no sound, i've used 2 sets of speakers and my headphones. The microphone doesnt work either which makes me think theres a problem with the sound card.

I never removed the sound card from the computer either...

i honestly have no idea what the problem is... none at all.

I'm attaching my DxDiag incase you need it.

Also, heres a picture of this thing that keeps popping up everytime i load the computer.

http://s5.tinypic.com/34nlliu.jpg

Attached Files

Edited by Feweh, 25 March 2009 - 10:22 AM.

Advertisements