Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

phenom won't work but athlon does?

• Please log in to reply

gadgeteer123

gadgeteer123

• Pip
  • 1 posts
when i first got this setup, with my asus crosshair II and my amd phenom 9850 BE it all worked great no problems with sata vista xp or anything. and then my motherboard shorted and i got it replaced under warranty, and when i got it back i set it up the same way as before, but it wouldnt turn on when i put the processor in, so i had another am2 dual core laying around, so i put that in and it booted right up, so i went and did a rma on it and they replaced the 9850 with a new one, so when i got that back the other day, i put it in carefullym and correctly, and it still won't turn on just like before, so i'm cluelesss. also i have already updated my bios to 1402, so its not that.

Advertisements