Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Double Click Problem

• Please log in to reply

dksh

dksh

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Help,

Today, when I restarted my computer, it asked me which OS I wanted to use. However, there was 2 problems. 1) I never had to choose which OS I wanted to run before 2) There was only one OS. After I signed in, I couldn't double click. It's only double clicking, I can left click - open, to open files but I can't double click them. Even to maximize a window, I can't double click it. So I decided to do a virus scan with NOD32, and it said I had no threats. So I looked up anyway this could happen and according to this site : http://djlizard.net/2007/10/05/257/ my registry values were messed. But nothing other was wrong.

So I decided to switch to another mouse, and the same thing happened.
For everything I click on, I can click once, but if I try to click a 2nd or 3rd or 4th time nothing happens.
After all of this I just tried restarting my computer again. This time it took a lot more time, but I didn't have to choose which OS I wanted to use.

Thank you for your help

EDIT: This was fixed with system restore, I think it might have been because of either a new windows update or a new java update.

Edited by dksh, 25 March 2009 - 07:24 PM.

Advertisements