Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nero And Sata Dvd

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
This is not my system I am working on but a friend 600 miles away. She just bought a barebones system from Tigerdirect and had another friend build it for her. Everything works except for this one annoying problem. She can play and\or listen to cd's and dvd's, but when she opens nero it does not recognize the sata dvd drive.
I have had her uninstall nero and even get a newer version of it. Still the same problem. Also she has tried Roxio and several other programs and still same problem. I have read 100's of tech reports and nothing exactly on this problem. I have been building, repairing, and custimizing systems for almost 12 years now but the sata dvd has me stumped.
I am posting here as she is not easy to understand and doesn't understand things unless she is given step by step instructions. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated and I will reply as soon as she lets me know if any fix works. Thank you in advance for your help.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Being helped HERE.