Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malware Removal[RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

pueblox

pueblox

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
To begin I have a general question. I have AdAware 6 Professional Edition installed on my computer. Most of the information on these threads refers to AdAware SE. Should I download Adaware Se instead to address my current issues, Right now I have the "Warning! Your computer is at risk" yellow icon and wallpaper issue. I have already ran the professional edition to no avail. Any help you could give me would be great. :tazz:

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Hi there, and welcome to GeeksToGo! AdAware will not remove the infection you are describing, it is the Smitfraud infection. Please see this page, and scroll down to Step Five...Posting a HiJackThis log

Once you have gotten the HJT log, please reply to this thread using the "Add Reply" button, and paste your HJT log here. I will be happy to help you get your pc cleaned back up once I see the log! :tazz:

pueblox

pueblox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Here is my HiJack This Log,

Thank you for your help thus far.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:02:54 PM, on 5/8/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Executive Software\DiskeeperWorkstation\DKService.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Action Setup\VAServ.exe
C:\Program Files\Belkin\Belkin 802.11g Wireless PCI Card Configuration Utility\utility.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe
C:\Spyware Tools\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = about:blank
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = about:blank
O2 - BHO: BHO - {00000185-C745-43D2-44F1-01A1C789C738} - C:\PROGRA~1\SB\SMART-~1\BHO010~1.DLL
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\SPYWAR~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {A0269420-A638-4509-889C-8FC3CC85DA7E} - C:\WINDOWS\drexinit.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZTgServerSwitch] c:\program files\support.com\client\bin\tgcmd.exe /server
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [fjfhsjsu] C:\WINDOWS\vauzjfud.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Pop3trap.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2000\Pop3trap.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WebTrapNT.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2000\WebTrapNT.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\evntsvc.exe -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ndllzxy] c:\windows\system32\ndllzxy.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ad-watch] C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\Ad-watch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Srv32 spool service] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spoolsrv32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [Srv32 spool service] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spoolsrv32.exe
O4 - Global Startup: VAIO Action Setup (Server).lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.exe.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Belkin 802.11g Wireless PCI Card Configuration Utility.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: OfficeTools.hta
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar search - res://C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll/SEARCH.HTML
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O14 - IERESET.INF: SEARCH_PAGE_URL=
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=
O16 - DPF: {04E214E5-63AF-4236-83C6-A7ADCBF9BD02} (HouseCall Control) - http://housecall60.t...all/xscan60.cab
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.syma...bin/AvSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupd...b?1114492413140
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.syma...n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn...pDownloader.cab
O23 - Service: AOL Spyware Protection Service (AOLService) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\\aolserv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Diskeeper - Executive Software International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Executive Software\DiskeeperWorkstation\DKService.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SPTISRV.exe

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Please read these instructions carefully and print them out! Be sure to follow ALL instructions!

Go to Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs and remove the following programs, if found:

Security IGuard
Virtual Maid
Search Maid
Smart Browser

Exit Add/Remove Programs.

*IMPORTANT*CLICK THIS LINK TO LEARN HOW TO VIEW HIDDEN FILES

I need you to copy all of the Killbox file paths below and paste them into Notepad.

* Please download the Killbox by Option^Explicit. *In the event you already have Killbox, this is a new version that I need you to download.
Unzip it to the desktop.

* Please run Killbox.

* Select "Delete on Reboot".

* Open the Notepad file where you saved the file paths earlier and copy the file paths below to the clipboard by highlighting them and pressing CTRL + C:

C:\wp.exe
C:\wp.bmp
C:\Windows\sites.ini
C:\Windows\popuper.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wldr.dll
C:\Windows\System32\helper.exe
C:\Windows\System32\intmonp.exe
C:\Windows\System32\msmsgs.exe
C:\Windows\System32\ole32vbs.exe
C:\Windows\system32\msole32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\drexinit.dll
C:\WINDOWS\vauzjfud.exe
c:\windows\system32\ndllzxy.exe

* Return to Killbox, go to the File menu, and choose "Paste from Clipboard".

* Click the red-and-white "Delete File" button. Click "Yes" at the Delete on Reboot prompt. Click "No" at the Pending Operations prompt.

If your computer does not restart automatically, please restart it manually.

While your computer is restarting, tap the F8 key continually until a menu appears. Use your up arrow key to highlight Safe Mode, then hit enter.

Make sure you can view hidden files.

Using Windows Explorer, delete the following (please do NOT try to find them by "search" because they will not show up that way)

FOLDERS to delete (in bold) if found:

C:\Program Files\Search Maid
C:\Program Files\Virtual Maid
C:\Windows\System32\Log Files
C:\Program Files\Security IGuard

Reboot into normal mode.

Open Notepad. Copy EVERYTHING in the box below and paste it into a new notepad file. Change the 'Save As Type' to "All Files" and save it as fix.reg on your desktop. Make sure there is NO blank line above REGEDIT4:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run]
"notepad.exe"=-
"notepad2.exe"=-
"winlogon.exe"=-

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"WallpaperStyle"=-
"Wallpaper"=-
"NoDispBackgroundPage"=-
"NoDispAppearancePage"=-

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
"Wallpaper"=-
"WallpaperStyle"=-

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoActiveDesktopChanges"=-
"NoActiveDesktop"=-
"NoSaveSettings"=-
"ClassicShell"=-
"NoThemesTab"=-

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop]
"NoChangingWallPaper"=-

Locate fix.reg on your desktop and doubleclick on it. When asked if you want to merge with the registry click YES. After you receive the prompt "merged successfully", follow the rest of instructions below.

1.) Download the Hoster from HERE Press "Restore Original Hosts" and press "OK". Exit Program.

2.) Right Click HERE and go to Save As in order to download DelDomains.inf to your desktop.
To use: RIGHT-CLICK DelDomains.inf and select: Install (no need to restart)
Note: This will remove all entries in the "Trusted Zone" and "Ranges" also.

3.) Download, install, and run CleanUp!

Reboot your computer

Please re-open HiJackThis and scan. Check the boxes next to all the entries listed below.

O2 - BHO: BHO - {00000185-C745-43D2-44F1-01A1C789C738} - C:\PROGRA~1\SB\SMART-~1\BHO010~1.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {A0269420-A638-4509-889C-8FC3CC85DA7E} - C:\WINDOWS\drexinit.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZTgServerSwitch] c:\program files\support.com\client\bin\tgcmd.exe /server

Now close all windows other than HiJackThis, then click Fix Checked. Reboot into safe mode.

Restart your computer

Please download ewido security suite it is a trial version of the program.
  • Install ewido security suite
  • Launch ewido, there should be an icon on your desktop double-click it.
  • The program will prompt you to update click the OK button
  • The program will now go to the main screen
You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.
  • On the left hand side of the main screen click update
  • Click on Start
The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
Once the updates are installed do the following:
  • Click on scanner
  • Make sure the following boxes are checked before scanning:
    • Binder
    • Crypter
    • Archives
  • Click on Start Scan
  • Let the program scan the machine
While the scan is in progress you will be prompted to clean files, click OK
Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named [b]Save report
  • Click Save report
  • Save the report to your desktop

pueblox

pueblox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Thank you. I was able to get rid of many things on my computer. However the wallpaper associated with the original problem remains on my desktop. My Adwatch did not like the CleanUp! program and would not let me open it so I had to turn off Adwatch to run CleanUp!. However, I did follow all the steps Please let me know if there is more to the clean up process. :tazz:

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Did you do this step completely? And copied everything to Notepad making sure there were NO blank lines above the word REGEDIT4? And did you receive the message "merged successfully"??

Please reply and let me know the answers to this, as well as post a fresh HijackThis log here for me to review!

Open Notepad. Copy EVERYTHING in the box below and paste it into a new notepad file. Change the 'Save As Type' to "All Files" and save it as fix.reg on your desktop. Make sure there is NO blank line above REGEDIT4:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run]
"notepad.exe"=-
"notepad2.exe"=-
"winlogon.exe"=-

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"WallpaperStyle"=-
"Wallpaper"=-
"NoDispBackgroundPage"=-
"NoDispAppearancePage"=-

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
"Wallpaper"=-
"WallpaperStyle"=-

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoActiveDesktopChanges"=-
"NoActiveDesktop"=-
"NoSaveSettings"=-
"ClassicShell"=-
"NoThemesTab"=-

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop]
"NoChangingWallPaper"=-

Locate fix.reg on your desktop and doubleclick on it. When asked if you want to merge with the registry click YES. After you receive the prompt "merged successfully", follow the rest of instructions below.

pueblox

pueblox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Yes I did that step exactly as instructed. Thank you for asking. My latest HiJack This log follows:

Scan saved at 2:35:54 AM, on 5/11/2005

Running processes:
C:\Spyware Tools\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Spyware Tools\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\Ad-watch.exe
C:\Program Files\Belkin\Belkin 802.11g Wireless PCI Card Configuration Utility\utility.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Spyware Tools\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\SPYWAR~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Pop3trap.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2000\Pop3trap.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WebTrapNT.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2000\WebTrapNT.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\evntsvc.exe -osboot
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.exe.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Belkin 802.11g Wireless PCI Card Configuration Utility.lnk = ?
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar search - res://C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll/SEARCH.HTML
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {04E214E5-63AF-4236-83C6-A7ADCBF9BD02} (HouseCall Control) - http://housecall60.t...all/xscan60.cab
O16 - DPF: {2BC66F54-93A8-11D3-BEB6-00105AA9B6AE} (Symantec AntiVirus scanner) - http://security.syma...bin/AvSniff.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupd...b?1114492413140
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.syma...n/bin/cabsa.cab
O16 - DPF: {B38870E4-7ECB-40DA-8C6A-595F0A5519FF} (MsnMessengerSetupDownloadControl Class) - http://messenger.msn...pDownloader.cab
O23 - Service: AOL Spyware Protection Service (AOLService) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\\aolserv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Diskeeper - Executive Software International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Executive Software\DiskeeperWorkstation\DKService.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Spyware Tools\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Spyware Tools\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Sony SPTI Service (SPTISRV) - Sony Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sony Shared\AVLib\SPTISRV.exe

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
can I see the copy of the report from Ewido also please? Thanks!

pueblox

pueblox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Here is the Ewido report. Thanks for taking a look.

ewido security suite - Scan report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created on: 4:00:30 AM, 5/11/2005
+ Report-Checksum: 271C6878

+ Date of database: 5/11/2005
+ Version of scan engine: v3.0

+ Duration: 31 min
+ Scanned Files: 68477
+ Speed: 36.18 Files/Second
+ Infected files: 0
+ Removed files: 0
+ Files put in quarantine: 0
+ Files that could not be opened: 0
+ Files that could not be cleaned: 0

+ Binder: Yes
+ Crypter: Yes
+ Archives: Yes

+ Scanned items:
C:\
D:\

+ Scan result:
No infected files found!

::Report End

Another thing is that the background is not your typical Smitfraud it is all black and there is a box in the center. Inside the text states:

Warning! Your in Danger!
All you do with computer is stored forever in your hard drive. When you visit sites, send e-mails.. blah blah blah

Secure yourself right now!
Remove all Spyware from yoru computer.

Let me know if this changes things and what I may be able to do. Thanks again,

Edited by pueblox, 12 May 2005 - 02:16 AM.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Let's get this wallpaper issue fixed! Please click here to download the regfix, and save it to your desktop. Close all windows and programs, and double click the regix file on your desktop. Allow it to merge with the registry.

Next, Go to Start>Search and locate the following files. Make sure you check the options to ignore case sensitive names, and to search hidden files and folders:

DESKTOP.HTML
POPUP.HTML

Delete the two files if (when) found, and be sure to empty your recycle bin. Then post a new HJT log here for me to review, and let me know how everything is running.

Advertisements

pueblox

pueblox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi. Recently my computer has had an especially slow start up. My computer start up has always been pretty fast. Now instead of the black wallpaper with the text it is a light grey to white wallpaper that kind of flickers and alternates. Weird. I still cannot see my chosen background. Here is my latest HiJack This Log

Scan saved at 10:44:55 PM, on 5/12/2005

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe
C:\HiJack This\HijackThis.exe

O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Spyware Tools\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Spyware Tools\security suite\ewidoguard.exe

Thanks once again. Hope we can get through this.

Edited by pueblox, 13 May 2005 - 12:17 AM.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
hmmmm. YOur newest log is showing a couple of viruses that weren't there in your last log, nor did Ewido pick them up.

Download the free trial version of Trojan Hunter here. Be sure to check for updates before scanning with it. Make a note of anything it may find that it says it cannot clean.

Also, I'd like to see what's called a Silent Runners log, so we can see what's hiding from us and not allowing you to get cleaned up!

*Please click this link to download Silent Runners.
* Save it to the desktop.
* Run Silent Runner's by doubleclicking the "Silent Runners" icon on your desktop.
* You will see a text file appear on the desktop - it's not done yet, just let it run (it won't appear to be doing anything!)
* Once you receive the prompt "All Done!", double-click on the new text file on the desktop and copy that entire log and paste it here.

*NOTE* If you receive any warning message about scripts, please choose to allow the script to run.

Reply here with a copy of the SR log, and a fresh HJT log please!

pueblox

pueblox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
HI,

My latest HiJack Log follows:

Scan saved at 2:14:46 AM, on 5/14/2005

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\Spyware Tools\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wdfmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\Ad-watch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\TrojanHunter 4.2\THGuard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\HiJack This\HijackThis.exe

The Silent Runners log follows:

Silent Runners.vbs", revision 36, http://www.silentrunners.org/
Operating System: Windows XP SP2
Output limited to non-default values, except where indicated by "{++}"

Startup items buried in registry:
---------------------------------

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ {++}
"ctfmon.exe" = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\ctfmon.exe" [MS]

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ {++}
"Ad-watch" = "C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-aware 6\Ad-watch.exe" ["Lavasoft Sweden"]
"Microsoft Works Update Detection" = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe" [file not found]
"NvCplDaemon" = "RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup" [MS]
"ZTgServerSwitch" = "c:\program files\support.com\client\bin\tgcmd.exe /server" ["Support.com, Inc."]
"fjfhsjsu" = "C:\WINDOWS\vauzjfud.exe" [file not found]
"Pop3trap.exe" = ""C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2000\Pop3trap.exe"" [file not found]
"WebTrapNT.exe" = ""C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\PC-cillin 2000\WebTrapNT.exe"" [file not found]
"QuickTime Task" = ""C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime" ["Apple Computer, Inc."]
"TkBellExe" = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\evntsvc.exe -osboot" [file not found]
"ndllzxy" = "c:\windows\system32\ndllzxy.exe" [file not found]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\
>{881dd1c5-3dcf-431b-b061-f3f88e8be88a}\(Default) = "Outlook Express"
\StubPath = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\shmgrate.exe OCInstallUserConfigOE" [MS]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\
{06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3}\(Default) = "AcroIEHlprObj Class" [from CLSID]
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx" [empty string]
{53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F}\(Default) = (no title provided)
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\SPYWAR~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll" ["Safer Networking Limited"]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved\
"{42071714-76d4-11d1-8b24-00a0c9068ff3}" = "Display Panning CPL Extension"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "deskpan.dll" [file not found]
"{88895560-9AA2-1069-930E-00AA0030EBC8}" = "HyperTerminal Icon Ext"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\hticons.dll" ["Hilgraeve, Inc."]
"{E6FB5E20-DE35-11CF-9C87-00AA005127ED}" = "WebCheck"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrta.dll" [null data]
"{F0CB00CD-5A07-4D91-97F5-A8C92CDA93E4}" = "Shell Extensions for RealOne Player"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\rpshell.dll" ["RealNetworks, Inc."]
"{0006F045-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}" = "Microsoft Outlook Custom Icon Handler"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Office10\OLKFSTUB.DLL" [MS]
"{42042206-2D85-11D3-8CFF-005004838597}" = "Microsoft Office HTML Icon Handler"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Program Files\Office10\msohev.dll" [MS]
"{1CDB2949-8F65-4355-8456-263E7C208A5D}" = "Desktop Explorer"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvshell.dll" ["NVIDIA Corporation"]
"{1E9B04FB-F9E5-4718-997B-B8DA88302A47}" = "Desktop Explorer Menu"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvshell.dll" ["NVIDIA Corporation"]
"{E0D79304-84BE-11CE-9641-444553540000}" = "WinZip"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\WZSHLSTB.DLL" ["WinZip Computing, Inc."]
"{E0D79305-84BE-11CE-9641-444553540000}" = "WinZip"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\WZSHLSTB.DLL" ["WinZip Computing, Inc."]
"{E0D79306-84BE-11CE-9641-444553540000}" = "WinZip"
"{E0D79307-84BE-11CE-9641-444553540000}" = "WinZip"
"{640167b4-59b0-47a6-b335-a6b3c0695aea}" = "Portable Media Devices"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\Audiodev.dll" [MS]
"{cc86590a-b60a-48e6-996b-41d25ed39a1e}" = "Portable Media Devices Menu"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\Audiodev.dll" [MS]
"{EBDF1F20-C829-11D1-8233-FF20AF3E97A9}" = "TrojanHunter Menu Shell Extension"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\TROJAN~1.2\contmenu.dll" [file not found]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks\
INFECTION WARNING! "{54D9498B-CF93-414F-8984-8CE7FDE0D391}" = "ewido shell guard"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\Spyware Tools\security suite\shellhook.dll" ["TODO: <Firmenname>"]

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad\
"WebCheck" = "{E6FB5E20-DE35-11CF-9C87-00AA005127ED}"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcrta.dll" [null data]

Enabled Screen Saver:
---------------------

HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop\
"SCRNSAVE.EXE" = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\ssstars.scr" [MS]

Enabled Wallpaper and Active Desktop:
-------------------------------------

Active Desktop is enabled.

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\General\
"Wallpaper" = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Wallpaper1.bmp"

Active Desktop web content:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\Components\0\
"FriendlyName" = "Security"
"Source" = ""
"SubscribedURL" = ""

Startup items in "ADRIAN" & "All Users" startup folders:
--------------------------------------------------------

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
"VAIO Action Setup (Server)" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Action Setup\VAServ.exe" ["Sony Corporation"]
"Adobe Gamma Loader.exe" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe" ["Adobe Systems, Inc."]
"Microsoft Office" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Office10\OSA.EXE -b -l" [MS]
"Belkin 802.11g Wireless PCI Card Configuration Utility" -> shortcut to: "C:\Program Files\Belkin\Belkin 802.11g Wireless PCI Card Configuration Utility\utility.exe" ["Belkin"]
INFECTION WARNING! "OfficeTools.hta" [null data]

Enabled Scheduled Tasks:
------------------------

"Registration reminder 2" -> launches: "C:\WINDOWS\System32\OOBE\oobebaln.exe /sys /r /n:2" [MS]

Winsock2 Service Provider DLLs:
-------------------------------

Namespace Service Providers

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2\Parameters\NameSpace_Catalog5\Catalog_Entries\ {++}
000000000001\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\mswsock.dll" [MS]
000000000002\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\winrnr.dll" [MS]
000000000003\LibraryPath = "%SystemRoot%\System32\mswsock.dll" [MS]

Transport Service Providers

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2\Parameters\Protocol_Catalog9\Catalog_Entries\ {++}
0000000000##\PackedCatalogItem (contains) DLL [Company Name], (at) ## range:
%SystemRoot%\system32\mswsock.dll [MS], 01 - 03, 06 - 17
%SystemRoot%\system32\rsvpsp.dll [MS], 04 - 05

Toolbars, Explorer Bars, Extensions:
------------------------------------

Explorer Bars

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\
{FE54FA40-D68C-11D2-98FA-00C0F0318AFE}\
-> {CLSID}\(Default) = "http://www.sony.com/vaiopeople"
-> {CLSID}\InProcServer32\(Default) = "C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll" [MS]

Extensions (Tools menu items, main toolbar menu buttons)

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\
{CD67F990-D8E9-11D2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE}\
"ButtonText" = "Real.com"

{FB5F1910-F110-11D2-BB9E-00C04F795683}\
"ButtonText" = "Messenger"
"MenuText" = "Windows Messenger"
"Exec" = "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" [MS]

Running Services (Display Name, Service Name, Path {Service DLL}):
------------------------------------------------------------------

Diskeeper, Diskeeper, "C:\Program Files\Executive Software\DiskeeperWorkstation\DKService.exe" ["Executive Software International, Inc."]
ewido security suite control, ewido security suite control, "C:\Spyware Tools\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe" ["ewido networks"]
ewido security suite guard, ewido security suite guard, "C:\Spyware Tools\security suite\ewidoguard.exe" ["ewido networks"]
Machine Debug Manager, MDM, ""C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe"" [MS]
NVIDIA Display Driver Service, NVSvc, "C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe" ["NVIDIA Corporation"]
Windows User Mode Driver Framework, UMWdf, "C:\WINDOWS\System32\wdfmgr.exe" [MS]

----------
This report excludes default entries except where indicated.
To see *everywhere* the script checks and *everything* it finds,
launch it from a command prompt or a shortcut with the -all parameter.
----------

Thanks again. Oh and I repeatedly find that one of the programs finds gde.exe and the ndllzxy.exe.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Reboot into Safe Mode, and open HJT. Check the following entries, and then fix them:

While still in safe mode, delete the following files:

C:\WINDOWS\vauzjfud.exe
c:\windows\system32\ndllzxy.exe

Reboot normally and let me know how things are running now!

pueblox

pueblox

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi,
Thanks for the help. Idid as you suggested. I fixed those entries and rebooted. I searched for the files you wrote but they were not found in those file paths nor when I used Search. The computer is running the same. Still has the grey to white wallpaper that is covering my desktop. Thanks again