Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Internet Connection Problem

• Please log in to reply

kumquat

kumquat

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all, my internet connection has got very slow in the last few days, it also cuts out & i get the "cannot connect at this time" message. The two little PCs (local area connection) say im connected, can anyone help?

Advertisements

kumquat

kumquat

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Im using fire fox and this is the message i get :

Network Timeout

The operation timed out when attempting to contact www.geekstogo.com.

The requested site did not respond to a connection request and the browser has stopped waiting for a reply.

* Could the server be experiencing high demand or a temporary failure? Try again later.

* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection.

* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

* Still having trouble? Consult your network administrator or Internet provider for assistance.

rcramm

rcramm

• PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
Make sure all your connections are connected properly and aren't coming loose. If that doesn't solve the problem try unplugging your router and modem's power and plugging them back in. If that doesn't work I would suggest calling your service provider to ask for assistance. They will walk you through a whole bunch of little steps including those but they will be able to get it fixed for you. :)