Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows welcome Login page loop (even in safe mode)

• Please log in to reply

luludaddy

luludaddy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So I downloaded this program in www.isohunt.com search "ip hider v3.7" the only one that comes out as a result. So i downloaded this program and when I opened the .exe a wierd program called "windowspcdefender" (something like this) which was obviously a fake virus scanner started scanning. Then I click the X to close it and a blue screen popped up. I then restarted my PC and in the welcome window I click the only user account and my background comes up as if windows is starting up onto the desktop then goes back to the welcome page with the user account. This is a cycle that loops even in safe mode. I tried to do a system restore in my recovery console typing command "cd system~1\_resto~1" I get access denied, which I believe is the "virus" denying access. I'm using my harddrive as a slave drive on another PC. I think something with the userinit.exe or a similar windows file got edited by this "trojan" or malware".

Please help. Thank you.

Edited by luludaddy, 27 March 2009 - 09:17 PM.

Advertisements