Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

svchost.exe error

• Please log in to reply

Morning Thief

Morning Thief

• Pip
  • 2 posts
first off, i know there are other treads of the same error, however i am expecting some logs to be posted from my system, so i hope 'duplicate' threads aren't an issue here.

the same errors:
- the error The instruction at "0x75606eb5" referenced memory at "0x00000008". The memory could not be "read". keeps popping up every other second.
- i'm running Windows XP. a few minutes after start-up, the taskbar changes, from the typical blue XP taskbar, into the white & classic Windows taskbar.
- my internet connection is stuffed sometimes. although i can be lucky sometimes if i can go online, like right now.
- & an error which i haven't noticed on other similar errors around here. when i do a search on google & click to open the link in a new tab, the new tab redirects to some random website.
- another weird error i keep getting. you know the usual 'flash' ads at the top (or sides, or bottom) of a webpage, i always seem to get the EXACT SAME ONE. its an ad for Vimax, which says 'Add inches with Vimax'. i need not explain more.

perhaps the last 2, i can probably fix by re-installing Mozilla.

what i have done, after research on the internet, is i've installed various types of anti-virus scanners. if i can recall properly, i've used:
-Malwarebytes Anti-malware
-Avast
-Avira
-Dr. Web

i do have McAfee, which i'm yet to do another full scan. my last full system scan was early last week.
i also have Spybot installed however, i cannot seem to run it. (right clicking from the system tray)

my LAST RESORT is to reformat my computer. however i have heard that Combofix has done some good hits & it seems to have fixed the problem. however i'm open to any advise from the good people here.

my thanks in advance.

Advertisements