Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Service Pack 1 or 2

• Please log in to reply

doggy

doggy

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Hi everyone..

I am trying to install The Windows XP Service Pack 1 from microsoft but it saya that the procuct key used to install windows is invalid.. I really dont think so.. Can anyone please let me know how to install service pack..

Please reply to post if you know anything that might be helpful

Thanks

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
Welcome to GTG
Was the windows XP installon the system when you got it or after?
<_<

doggy

doggy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Hi I have just updated the Windows XP Professional.. I tried to install th win xp sp1 again but gives me the same error..

Any Idea what could it be?

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
it means that the key is either in use or not an authentic key, you can call the number for the microsoft activation people and they can tell you if you have the right key number, and if you dont you can work towards getting a new one...

did you buy this software from a store or online?

doggy

doggy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
How do I get a new key then.. Dont tell me that I have to pay for it..

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
well if you were sold a ligit copy then u shouldnt have to pay for a new one, but if the key that you have is illegal then <_< , just make sure you tell them that you bought it from a legal place, they should help u out