Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Recommendation for Antivirus / Spyware Software?

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I am not a computer expert or even close....Please help me..I just paid to get my computer cleaned, as
it was invested with loads of spyware and viruses...I have a 6 year old and he must be clicking into some
gaming sites.

Could you please recommend the best antivirus / spyware software? I need somthing that is really good
but not too difficult to install or maintain. I don't need this to be free and I am more than willing to pay
for a good software program.

Can anyone help me?

• 34,114 posts
Lots of free programs .
I myself use
Avast for antivirus
Superantispyware for spyware
Marelwarebyte's for malware

These 3 are a very powerful combination.
Also if you need help with virus's or trojans you may want to use the malware forum here on GeekToGo
It's free and the malware technicians are extremely good at what they do. They will help you thru everything. Make sure before posting in the malware forum that you read the tutorial as it will help you to rid yourself of most of the problems. Then start a thread and include the logs that the tutorial request. They are busy at times so just be patient. Their help and expertise is invaluable and worth the wait

Edited by rshaffer61, 28 March 2009 - 08:37 AM.

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello Dustball I am wizzy and welcome to Geeks To Go

Geeks To Go have a topic where they reccomend different anti virus and anti spyware products. Please check out the link below.

Free Antivirus and Antispyware Software, Includes screenshots and recommendations

Edited by wizzy2k5, 28 March 2009 - 11:15 AM.

• 34,114 posts
Thank you wizzy2k5.
I think I need to add some of the links and that way I can post them easier