Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Program opens and closes and some doesn't even work

• Please log in to reply

Antimsaash

Antimsaash

• PipPip
  • 96 posts
Hi

Since yesterday some of the program if i try to open, it OPENS and closes instantly. I can see the program run in Taskmanager but it goes out all of a sudden. Do not know what might have caused it. What do you recommend. Please Help.

Also, i can't update .net framework. It gave me this log:
[03/28/09,22:23:01] Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (x64) 'package': [2] Error: Installation failed for component Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (x64) 'package'. MSI returned error code 1603
[03/28/09,22:23:10] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (x64) 'package' is not installed.

Most of the time programs give me unexpected handle.

I checked for malware with spybot but it showed nothing. What might be the problem?

Also i tried to update my GPU driver and i specifically saved it in DESKTOP and after the download was completed, the file vanished.. tried to do show hidden files and nothing was found.
And, when i run ms word or any thing related, it keeps on opening a windows installer and tries to configure MS OFFICE... i installed it right. never did that before...

I can't open Adobe illustrator, flash or photoshop... all gives error saying "Program name: Bad Image"

It was working fine a day ago... i tried to do system restore but don't know why it was turned off. and i had no restore point.

Really a big program for me as a student.
please help
Also, when i try to open Illustrator, it says "c:\windows\system32\snmpapi.dll" is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error." It was working fine before. :)
Thank you

If HJT log needed here it is:

Edited by Rorschach112, 30 March 2009 - 07:56 AM.
removed log

Advertisements

Antimsaash

Antimsaash

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
Never mind i reinstalled windows vista 32 bit but now i've 2 windows and one is saved in a folder WINDOWS.OLD.... and i've programfiles folder as PROGRAM FILES (x86)

Can i delete those 2 folders as they are jacking up space and is not used???

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Antimsaash,

You did a parallel install which is not recommended. I would recommend you reinstall your operating system if you find any stability issues.