Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Quickbooks

• Please log in to reply

thecropgirl

thecropgirl

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I use Quickbooks for my check ledger. I'm about to purchase a laptop that has vista. Does Quickbooks work with Vista or do I need to purchase an entire new Quickbooks program designed for vista, or does it matter? :)

Advertisements

thecropgirl

thecropgirl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ANYONE? :)

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
These quotes are from Quickbooks website FAQ's. Here is a link for their support page. CLICK HERE

Q: When do I need an additional license?

A: Our standard license agreement requires separate QuickBooks licenses for each person who uses QuickBooks software. However, if you have both a laptop and desktop PC, and you're the only person using QuickBooks, you only need one license. You need to purchase additional licenses when additional people need to use QuickBooks on their computers. See the complete details on our license agreement.

AND

Q: Can I run QuickBooks both at the office and at home on a single-user license or do I need to purchase separate licenses for both computers? If so, how do I do that?

A: Under the single-user license, you can install QuickBooks on both your work and home computers, as long as you're the only person using QuickBooks on both computers. Also, only one person at a time can access the company file with one single-user license.

AND

Q: What if I want to install the software on a new computer?

A: Just install the 2009 software program on the new computer and move your company file to the new computer. All of your data will convert to the 2009 program when you open an existing company file for the first time with the new software.

AND

Q: On which operating systems will QuickBooks 2009 run?

A: QuickBooks 2009 system requirements will run on Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Server 2003 Server, and the new Windows 2008 Server, but will not run on older versions of Windows operating systems, which includes Microsoft Windows 95/98/2000/ME/NT 4.0 (SP6a).

Hope that helps. Good luck with your new laptop!

Cheers!

Edit:

Not sure if this is the correct forum

You did just fine. :)

Edited by Ferrari, 29 March 2009 - 09:47 PM.