Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Saitek cyborg evo , , any good ? ?

• Please log in to reply

rxkevco

rxkevco

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Hi all, ,
Am going to get back into gaming a bit after building my own quad core pc to use soley as my music recording studio pc, , this leaves my brand new dual core desktop replacement laptop ( fsc xi3650 ) and new quad core desktop (fsc pi 3630 ) with 26" monitor , free for all my pc needs , including gaming.
I have just bought falcon 4 as i lean towards combaty simulators , ,and have [bleep]ised a PS3 gamepad for the time being.
I am planning on getting either microsoft flight simulator 2004 or the x version in the next few weeks as well.
My mum knew i was looking for a joystick and has just told me to expect a saitek cyborg evo in the post as a pressy ( nice mum ), , , , am very out of touch with these things at the moment , , ,is the cyborg evo any good for flight simulators ? ? ?
Also, , whats the best bang for buck pc gamepad out there also , , ? ?

Apart from falcon 4 , are there any other decent combat flight sims out there worth getting ?

Would be grateful for any advice, thankyou ....... kev

Advertisements

ADNoland

ADNoland

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
I'm not a heavy gamepad or flightstick user but I replaced my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro with one of the Cyborg Evos. It's solidly built and it has numerous places where you can adjust the stick to your hand. You can adjust how the hand rest is positioned, the buttons tilt or how far raised up they are. So if you're a lefty, or have a big hand, small hand, whatever this should fit you just fine. I've owned mine for a long time and haven't had any issues with it, but I must admit I don't play many games that require a joystick. I leave mine unplugged as well, the lights got annoying to me so I only plug it in when I use it. I certainly think its a good joystick.

As far as gamepads, again, I don't use them much but as a Logitech [bleep], I own a Logitech Chillstream. It's designed exactly like an xbox360 controller. It's a lot lighter than a 360 controller and it's not wireless either, but it does have a 'cool' gimmick, it has fans inside it that you can turn on to cool your hands for those hot and heavy gaming sessions. It looks sexy but the lightness does give it a cheapy feel. But in my experience most logitech products are pretty solidly built and I've owned this pad and used it off and on for.... year and a half or two years. I read some complaints that the fans can break easily if the pad is dropped but I've not had that happen to me. It retails on the Logitech site for 29.99 but you can always get it cheaper somewhere else.

If you have any specific questions on those two products let me know. Maybe someone else more hardcore into flight sims and fighting games can come in and give you more info on others.

rxkevco

rxkevco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Hi there , and thanks for your information. :)

Well , ,the cyborg arrived this morning and so far, , i am completly delighted with it.
Very sturdy with a good quality feel to it , , and its so nice to play falcon four with a proper joystick as well.
Its certainly gonna take a while to learn how to program all the buttons though, , :) , ,bit of a headache there i think , , the repositioning of the hand grip didnt take long though, , nice touch that i wasnt expecting !

Gamepad wise, , i bought a cheap generic brand one today which seems to do the job on GTR and Battlefield 2142 so i can finally give my PS3 joypad back to my playstion. I will look out for the logitech one you reccommended as i agree with you as to the quality and longevity of logitech products , ,i have never had a problem with anything from logitech and my 7:1 surround sound system , wireless keyboard and mouse kit ,built in laptop and seperate desktop webcams and mic headset are all great and have never let me down with anything. Always my first choice when looking for something new or upgrading !

Thanks for your input though , , much appreciated.
Cheers, , kev