Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

File Corruption On micro sd

• Please log in to reply

corn4ahead

corn4ahead

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
I have a kingston 2g micro sd and some files got corrupted in it and when i tried to delete that file i got "cannot delete file cannot read from the source file or disk"

Now my micro sd card will not work.

Help please.

and sorry if i posted this in the wrong spot, i wasnt sure.

Advertisements

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
I had a similar problem on a SanDisk SD memory card. I called SanDisk and after all attempts failed, they replaced it since it had a lifetime warranty. There was nothing that could be done to fix it. You might check with Kingston to see what they can do. Hopefully you still have the receipt.

corn4ahead

corn4ahead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
so thats the only way?

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
Well, that is the only way that I found. I tried many things, different OS, different programs, etc. and in the end nothing worked to allow me to fix the problem, which in my case was a file that I could not access nor delete. I looked for tools from SanDisk and did not find anything which fixed it. Kingston might have some ideas other than replacing it, but I doubt it.

corn4ahead

corn4ahead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
i tried it on a mac but i got error 43

i actually use it for my nintendo ds for a flash card...when i plug it into the computer, i can see all my, files(music, games, etc.) but when i plug it into my ds i get nothing.

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
Have you tried formating it?

Perhaps there is something on it that the ds does not like.

corn4ahead

corn4ahead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
ok, i got it to work but the file is still there. It doesnt affect the way it runs or anything but it still doesnt make sense that i cannot delete it.

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
Well, whether it makes sense or not, that is same problem that I had. The only solution was to get it replaced, after trying many things.