Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP freezes and usb reconnecting

• Please log in to reply

Helenster

Helenster

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello. I have a Windows XP 2002 with SP2. My computer has been freezing every 5-10 minutes out of nowhere. It freezes even if I'm on idle. I've tried running my computer in safe mode, but it still freezes. I'm not sure if it's malware because I've already tried scanning and deleting everything infected. I have to turn my computer off by holding onto the power button. I need some help.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
SInce it's a possibillity of malware then lets make sure before we proceed any further

Please go to the "Malware Forum" link in my signature below and follow the instructions at the top
Especially the "You Must Read This Before Posting A HijackThis Log".

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself.
If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- start a topic and post the requested logs in THAT forum.
Once the malware technicians have cleared out any infection and ans given you a clean bill of health and if the problem continues then feel free to post back here and we can investigate the problem even more.

Edited by rshaffer61, 30 March 2009 - 03:15 AM.