Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connecting my laptop to my TV

• Please log in to reply

Scrow

Scrow

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello all, first time poster looking for some advice. I have a laptop and a desktop, both of which have a lot of home movies and videos I have created for YouTube on them. I have them both wirelessly networked, and I want to connect my laptop to my TV, so I can show the videos to friends and family without everyone crowding around the monitor.

My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5940. My TV only has a coaxial jack, nothing else. What options do I have? I am pretty bad with computers, so I don't really know much more than that.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
Welcome to GeekToGo

Well I don't know of any way to connect your computers to that TV. If you are that serious then purchase a TV with a PC (d-sub) output on it or what ever other connector you have in common on both computers. TV's with this capability aren't that expensive. I hope this helps, I will look in to this more but I think this is were it ends. Sorry. But hey you can have a new TV.
Good Luck
Cbarnard

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
Hello,

I see that you have not replied to this post. Do you still need assistance? Do you need any other information?

If the problem has been resolved please post a reply stating this is resolved.

If you continue to need assistance please reply back with requested information asked for previously in my last post.

I like to hear how things are going for the people I'm assisting, please let me know how it is going good or bad!!!

Thank you very much and good luck

Cbarnard