Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Could noit install Zonealarm pro

• Please log in to reply

ashish

ashish

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
I want to install zone alarm pro latest version which i downloaded from its companies website. But as i click on the setup file the following error pops up .

Could not load the dll Library.
C:\Windows\Temp\vsutil.dll
(WSEDbgprint). The specified procedure could not be found.

After this error i have to click OK as there is no other option and after clicking on OK the following error pops up

Could not load the dll Library.
C:\Windows\Temp\vsutil.dll
(VSSetProtection). The specified procedure could not be found.

Again i have to click OK and nothing happens the PC is running normally.

I downloaded the same program from other websites and tried to install but the same error shows up.

Please help.My comp is so unsafe while i surf the net.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 11:34:42 PM, on 7/11/04
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ELITECORE\CYBEROAM CLIENT FOR 24ONLINE\CYBEROAMCLIENT.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\FLASHGET\FLASHGET.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\OPERA7\OPERA.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\KAZAA LITE K++\KAZAALITE.KPP
C:\PROGRAM FILES\BIGFIX\BIGFIX.EXE
D:\VIMP SOFTWARES\HIJACKTHIS\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {A5366673-E8CA-11D3-9CD9-0090271D075B} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADOBE\ACROBAT 6.0\READER\ACTIVEX\ACROIEHELPER.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: FlashGet Bar - {E0E899AB-F487-11D5-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\FLASHGET\FGIEBAR.DLL
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Handy Backup 3.9] C:\PROGRAM FILES\NOVOSOFT\HANDY BACKUP\hbagent.exe -logon
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download using FlashGet - C:\PROGRAM FILES\FLASHGET\jc_link.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download All by FlashGet - C:\PROGRAM FILES\FLASHGET\jc_all.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: FlashGet (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &FlashGet (HKLM)

Edited by ashish, 10 July 2004 - 12:05 PM.

Advertisements

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
Have you tried downloading it again, saving to your computer and then unzipping it?

ashish

ashish

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Yes I have tried downloading the program from other site. The file downloaded from any site is in setup.exe form so the question of unzipping and installing doesnot arise.

But when i installed the Zone Alarm Pro with Antivirus which i had downloaded a week ago installed normally. The problem is that i don't want to use Antivirus bundled with it . There is a option of not using Antivirus but still i want to Zone Alarm pro in plainly for Firewall purpose.

Please excuse my english

Edited by ashish, 12 July 2004 - 11:44 AM.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
There have been loads of problems since this latest version of Zone Alarm was released. It seems to be very "buggy". You could try searching the Internet for an older version, wait for a stable version to be released, or try an alternative firewall. I like Sygate: http://smb.sygate.co...pf_standard.htm

ashish

ashish

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Thanx for ur suggestion I admire ur prompt response.

I have tried sygate but i feel zonealarm pro is more powerful so until a stable version is released i am sticking with zonealarm pro with antivirus which as i said is installed properly.

Thank u

knut

knut

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I wanted to update my free version of the ZoneAlarm today, and experienced the exact same thing as you did. I have now gone back to an earlier version. I (too) wonder what is wrong... I, of course, would like the latest version to function.

I have also had another problem that I suspect is due to Zone Alarm: Something happens with the file "tvDebug.log" whenever I am online and the result is "lost clusters". (Or it must be due to using AVG anti virus)