Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Neither Firefox nor IE works

• Please log in to reply

EminX

EminX

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, Firstly I'm running on Windows XP SP 2. My problem is that whenever I try to browse some site in either Firefox in Internet explorer, they work fine for 10 minutes and afterwards, they stop loading. Like, "Loading xyz.com" or something like that still appears in the bottom, but only for half second and it dosen't load anymore. No new sites open. I can ping every site though. I also play a game called MapleStory. It also works fine for 10 minutes, then it closes but I can still ping it and get a reply. This happened from the last evening. I closed my computer in afternoon and when I tried browsing any websites or play MS in the evening, it couldn't run for more than 10 minutes. I also formatted my root drive and tried reinstalling Firefox also. Same thing happens in Internet Explorer after 10 minutes. In IE, it says "The page cannot be displayed" right without loading it and in Firefox, it doesn't load. I don't think this is my ISP because I can ping the sites. I can't even download anything. I also tried closing certain ports by the use of WWDC (Windows Worms Door Cleaner) but it didn't work. Please help?
Thanks,
Emin

Advertisements