Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BIOS setup

• Please log in to reply

deliriousengineer

deliriousengineer

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This is the first time I build a computer myself, so therefore, please have indulgence with my stupid questions :) .

The computer I built has these specifications:

• Asus P5Q PRO P45
• Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83 GHz
• Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX260 896MB PCI-Express
• Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 MHz 8 GB
• Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB S-ATA/300
• Samsung DVD±RW 22x Double Layer
• Corsair VX 650 Watt

The problem I have is that when I get into the BIOS and want to set the "Boot device priority" it says that "A device enclosed in parenthesis has been disabled in the corresponding type menu". All devices are enclosed in parenthesis, so the question I have is; where in the BIOS do I find this "corresponding type munu"?

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
The menu the bios is referring to, is the menu that shows up when you click on one of the boot devices. There is no separate menu called "corresponding menu" in the bios. It just the menu that pops up.