Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

BIOS setup

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This is the first time I build a computer myself, so therefore, please have indulgence with my stupid questions :) .

The computer I built has these specifications:

• Asus P5Q PRO P45
• Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83 GHz
• Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX260 896MB PCI-Express
• Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 MHz 8 GB
• Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB S-ATA/300
• Samsung DVD±RW 22x Double Layer
• Corsair VX 650 Watt

The problem I have is that when I get into the BIOS and want to set the "Boot device priority" it says that "A device enclosed in parenthesis has been disabled in the corresponding type menu". All devices are enclosed in parenthesis, so the question I have is; where in the BIOS do I find this "corresponding type munu"?

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
The menu the bios is referring to, is the menu that shows up when you click on one of the boot devices. There is no separate menu called "corresponding menu" in the bios. It just the menu that pops up.