Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System changes missing after reboot

• Please log in to reply

Ponyroper

Ponyroper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Happyrock,
I must apologize profusely. I believe you were right when you originally suggested that Returnil was running. I went into 'Programs' and started Returnil and a pop-up balloon came up saying 'Returnil is now running' and the icon appeared in the task bar. I then right clicked on the icon and exited the program. I had to restart the computer to exit the program and after the restart I installed Firefox 3 and restarted. The newly installed version was there as it should be so it's obvious that Returnil must have been running. I'm not sure how it got turned on because normally to turn it on you have to run the program and then restart the computer to begin running in the virtual system. The other thing that threw me was that the Returnil icon never showed up in the task bar. I had a duh moment when I realized that looking at the processes running under Task Manager would NOT show Returnil because I would only be seeing the processes running under Returnil not on the actual computer. As they always say, if it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck and it looks like a duck it probably is a duck. I acted like an idiot and I talked like an idiot and I looked like an idiot so I must be an idiot. Sorry again and thanks for the help.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
I knew it was Returnil...it was doing EXACTLY what it was supposed to do...
just took a bit of convincing to get you to see it.. :)

your welcome... :)