Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet explorer

• Please log in to reply

nondaj

nondaj

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
I see articles talking about IE7 crashes in Beta format or hear people talk about IE7 causes problems with their PCs, and now I see MS is offering IE8. How can a newer version be offered when they seem to have unresolved issues with previous versions some even in the Beta stage.

Is it advisable to even entertain IE8?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I have IE8 and have no problems. I also use Firefox
If you want a browser with fewer problems and more secure, then I would suggest Firefox
You can download it from the link in my signature below.
A nice feature of FF is you can import your IE favorites to it and therefor not lose anything.
I hope this answers your questions and if you have more please feel free to post them and I will do my best to answer them for you.

Edited by rshaffer61, 31 March 2009 - 01:33 PM.

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
I'm not a fan of IE at all, but this is what some Staff said about it. Click HERE They seem to really like IE8 even though they didn't like IE6 or 7.