Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't use Microsoft Office 2003 in Windows XP

• Please log in to reply

Sadora

Sadora

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
As of right now I can't use Microsoft Word or any Office applications; whenever I try, a 'Preparing to install' message pops up, then it takes me to a 'Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office Professional 2003' screen. It gets about halfway, then it halts because it can't find an SKU111.cab file and prompts me for the installation disk or the location where I installed it. I'm not sure where my Office installation disks are, though, and I don't know why I would need to reinstall it in the first place when it was working fine yesterday. I get the same prompts when I try to repair it via the 'Add or Remove Programs' control panel. I don't have Office 2007 installed on this computer, just 2003.

The only thing I can think of that might have caused this is an uninstall of an expired trial version of Microsoft ExpressionWeb that I did yesterday night. I have already installed OpenOffice, but I would like to get Office working again regardless. I'm running Windows XP. Thanks in advance for any help.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
without the original disk, there isn't much that can be done. If you have proof of purchase, then you might be able to get microsoft to send you a replacement disk.