Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Dell Dimension 4600, Skype 4.00.216

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
since updating Skype to version 4.00.216 I have lost the jack microphone. I can't quite remember the audio setup from before but in the audio tab of sounds and audio devices I only have Creative SB Live! series available as a recording device and the advanced option is greyed out (there is no microphone detected in Sound Recorder either). As I have updated all my PC drivers in the last week I don't really want to roll back to say a couple of weeks ago, uninstall Skype and find an earlier version unless vital. I am using XP home, SP2.