Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desktop cleanup wizard

• Please log in to reply

deepkent

deepkent

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Everybody seems to hate the Desktop Cleanup Wizard in XP, but I quite like it. Trouble is, it's disappeared. A search on Google only comes up with endless descriptions of how to switch it on and off, which I know, but not how to get it back. Right-clicking on the desktop, then Properties/Desktop/Customize Desktop leads to the attached screenshot - no DCW option.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

Attached Thumbnails

• DCW.jpg

Advertisements

Alex_Harris

Alex_Harris

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Have you tried the System Restore to see if you roll back to before it disappeared?

It might be a registry issue maybe.

Alex_Harris

Alex_Harris

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
LINK

This link is kinda the reverse of what you are trying to do - They are showing what to do if you are trying to remove it. Maybe you can "reverse engineer" it to see if that solve the problem.

deepkent

deepkent

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Thanks for the replies. I went to that link, Alex, but it didn't help. I had already amended the registry to give NoRun a value of 0. (See screenshot.) Any other ideas would be gratefully received.

Attached Thumbnails

• DCW1.jpg

shall10

shall10

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Did you ever resolve this one?

I have the same problem, and, like you, I like the DCW. Running XP Pro