Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A General Post on Attitude

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Sometimes being blunt is the only way to get the message across simply and effectively. Trying to fully explain everything gets bogged down in all the details, and the main message could get a bit lost.

I think back even 6 months ago on how I took everything in here on the forums, I'm pretty different now. Anybody following me for a while would have picked that up. Everyone changes over time; the way we come across and the way we respond.

I <3 you all. :)

Advertisements

CompooterDummy

CompooterDummy

Troll

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
When this thread first opened, I went so far as to open the comment box and state what I personally thought about the whole situation. And after reading over my post thought "You know, these people here really don't know you. There's no way to really tell exactly how you'll be taken and since the GeekU thing is important how 'bout let's not do anything that might alienate somebody, huh?" So, I deleted my post. Today, I see the thread is alive again and well, gee, I just decided "what the heck, here's my 2 cents worth" >>>

This right here in the OPs response:
"If you had read my post a bit more carefully..."
is called sarcasm (nicely wrapped in an accusation). The respondent expert accurately tagged it as such.

This right here in the OPs response:
"Actually, I wasn't being sarcastic, I was trying in a nice way to tell you that you didn't read my thread very well."
is called "well, hey, I really did pee on him, but let's try to convince him it was raining instead. And while I'm at it I'll throw in another back-handed accusation."

As far as I can see, while the respondent may have been to-the-point, they were never once rude. The OP on the other hand seems to want to ask for help while at the same time "binding the hands" of the expert ("Please don't ask me to download any programs...") whose decided that this is exactly what needs to be done and clearly the OP was wrong about whether .exe files would execute.

Then the OP complains about the help they got? I understand "customer service". I used to wait tables and would bend over backwards for just about anybody. But, sometimes the customer is just 'out of line'. I can't see where there was anything wrong with the EXPERT's attitude in this post.

The OP's thread is HERE

I've got a log to get back to.

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
as this topic is all most three months old, and the user has not been back to the forum in that long I am closing this topic.

We appreciate the feedback good or bad :)