Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

unreal tournament

• Please log in to reply

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
i need to know how to set up an internet game in Unreal Tournament game of the year edition NOT unreal 2004
Every time i start a multiplayer game it loads as a lan game. I want an internet game. PLEASE HELP!! :tazz:

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
sorry I haven't played that in a really long time. on the options screen when you setup a mp game there should be an option to change it from lan to internet.

Technogeek8

Technogeek8

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
Are you getting your interent connection through a LAN? (do you run a network) You might experience a bunch of problems trying to host a game through a lan connection. If you are, what os are you running and what router are you using. You'll have to config your comp, firewall ports and router :tazz:

If not, It's simply changing the lan tab in the MP option

david

hudihoo

hudihoo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
i have windows xp have a linksys wirelessG router. I can join a multiplyer internet game. My friend i were trying to play online we both know alot about computers but neither could figure it out. There is no tab to change lan to internet we even tried a direct connection with the server ip. NO LUCK!! my question is do i have to use mplayer or another similar thing. It sais start internet game using and there is mplayer and gamespy and other things do i have to use one

D_SnipA.L.

D_SnipA.L.

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
First off what are you guys talking about. In UT99 to play an internet game go to "find internet games" and to host your own online game go to "start new multiplayer game". And if for some reason when you host a game and others cant seem to join and you have a router then you may have to open you router page and port forward/Route the port that you are running and enable the DMZ server too. Im a Clan Server admin for both 99 and 2K4 [ARC] and i play both daily. Find [ARC] Servers and try to play them heres the ip for 99 server 82.37.35.205:7777 if anyone wants the ips for the 2004 servers then let me know

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by D_SnipA.L., 12 May 2005 - 01:04 PM.

hudihoo

hudihoo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
not playing 99 also if you go to start multiplayer game the screen it takes you to is called start lan game lan not internet