Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yet another redirect virus..

• Please log in to reply

Mike Diramio

Mike Diramio

• Pip
  • 5 posts
heya, i got that crappy redirect virus. i was looking in other posts, but it seems to be an individualized thing. so ill post my Hijack this log here. one problem, the links to download Killbox (whatever that is) dont work for me. id love some help from some geniuses, LOL. also, ionno what could be causing it, but my internet seems to be a little slower than it should be. when i use programs like Ventrilo, for example, ill say something and they'll hear it 3 seconds after i say it, so then its like im cutting people off all the time >.<.. Also, it takes a bit of time for my computer to load internet pages, im fully connected and have 4gigs of ram.

anywho, here is the log.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It appears you may have a malware problem. Please go to the "Malware Forum" link in my signature below and follow the instructions at the top
Especially the "You Must Read This Before Posting A HijackThis Log".

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself.
If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty start a topic and post the requested logs in THAT forum.
Once the malware technicians have cleared out any infection and given you a clean bill of health, if the problem continues then feel free to post back here and we can investigate the problem even more.

Mike Diramio

Mike Diramio

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
yeah, apparently my buddy is telling me i have the Conficker virus, which really sucks. yeah, i honestly cant seem to fix it, and it seemed to have go away for ahwile. my internet has just become slower than ever, and a lot of the links on your site dont work when i want to download something.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Go ahead and post in the Malware Removal forum anyway

Also try rename some of the tools in rshaffers link, that should get some of them working