Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Formatting HDD, Want new drivers for mobo when I reinstall, which?

• Please log in to reply

Akimb0

Akimb0

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hey, sort of a quick question I hope, I recently decided to reformat my HDD, registry Bloat and numerous slowdowns have occured, and I feel a fresh clean out of my PC, both physical and drivers wise would be a good idea. So I figured I might as well install the latest drivers for everything, by downloading and backing them up before I reformat. However I'm not sure on exactly -which- drivers I'm going to need for my motherboard.

AsusTek
Model: P5KC
Chipset: P35/G33/G31
SouthBridge: 82801lB (ICH9)

I did a google on the chipset info there... and got a bunch of random slightly dodgy looking websites, so as I said, I just wanted to make sure.

I'm sure that described my chipset...but I really want to be sure what and where I should be getting these drivers from. I seem to remember the drivers I installed last time being like "Nforce4" or something like that. Maybe I should just use the cd I have to be sure? :-/

As always, thanks to anyone who reads this and can help, I <3 G2G.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok I found some info for you. Not knowing the date of your drivers on the mobo disc will make it harder to find newer drivers. These are dated from May of 2007
Go Here to see all the onboard drivers.
Lan, Audio, and Raid drivers.
I hope this helps and I am still trying to get you the link directly to asus's site to see if they have a newer version then the above

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Finally got the link for Asus directly for you

Asus Drivers P5KC
I hope this helps you out. Please let me know either way.

Edited by rshaffer61, 02 April 2009 - 08:15 AM.

Akimb0

Akimb0

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Yep that looks like the right one, they're dated 2007 and I got this mobo ~2 years ago, so they could be the same drivers as on the cd, either way if I d/l the latest ones from your link I'll be sure I have the most recent :) ty for the help!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help. Please let us know how everything works when you done updating. If there is anything else I can do to help please feel free to ask.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help

Edited by rshaffer61, 02 April 2009 - 10:02 AM.