Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble Updating Windows Media Player

• Please log in to reply

CoryVenditti

CoryVenditti

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok. So im finishing up a reload on a Toshiba Satellite P25-S607. I used the recovery disc that came with the Toshiba to make it easier on myself with downloading drivers and all and it had Windows XP Media Center Edition on it, which i then updated to Service Pack 3. Everything went well and i was about to call it a day when i noticed that the recovery disc had Windows Media Player 9 on it. All my Microsoft Updates are done (and yes I've been doing the Custom option and not the Express option) when i run Media Player 9 and go into the option to update it it claims to be the most up-to-date version. I downloaded the setup file for WMP 11 and went to install it that way and it claimed that it could not install on this operating system. Any ideas?

Advertisements