Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lag with CSS

• Please log in to reply

rakanashu

rakanashu

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Ok. When ever I am playing CSS now i get this small lag every 5-6 sec. It just recently started and im not sure why it is doing it..

my framerate will be anywhere from 80 to 120 depending on where i am in the map..
ping is low 10 to 20 on the server i play.
with net_graph 3 enabled the packet in/out is about 120in 75out

I thought it might have been from directx from a different game but i installed the lateset version to see if that would fix it but it didnt.

i ran the dxdiag and it only says that i have Directx 9.0c and not 10 or what ever.

also i have tryed to set the constant FPS to 65 and 75 to see if that would help me fix my problem but it doesnt..

comp specs:
Windows XP
ATI Radeon 3400HD 512MB
2GB RAM
P4 Duo Core 3.20GHZ
Cable Internet

any help will be thankful.

Advertisements

tyler kick you fase

tyler kick you fase

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
http://www.systemreq...referrer/srtest try running the test with the website and check if your hardware accelerator is set to full.

halofreakazoid

halofreakazoid

• Pip
  • 2 posts
try turning all details/decals,shadows etc to the minimum

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
Another thing that could be doing this is if you have any applications running in the backround, such as antivirus that could be using up resources every few seconds.

Nemesis

Nemesis

• PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
depends on what kind of connection you have. You might want to set the following in your console:

rate 100000
cl_updaterate 100
cl_cmdrate 99
cl_rate 30000

perhaps turn off vsync if you have it on.