Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

On starting 'freezes' momentarilly

• Please log in to reply

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
Hi there, I hope one of youse guys can assist in getting rid of this problem if it is possible, please.

On start up it goes through the usual procedure untill 'sign-in' when password is required, when this is entered, for some reason the computer freezes for 15 to 20 seconds before I have control of the mouse - I don't know why it does that!

On shutting down it takes ages to shut down, why is that? used to be no problem, now it is so noticeable!

I service the system on a regular basis, and it goes well during normal use :) it's just the on and the off bits that annoy - maybe it's something that I have to live with, but I hope not :)

Thanks for your time

Ricky

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Same in Safe Mode?

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Same in Safe Mode?

I don't know :) how do I do that please?

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Restart computer, and keep tapping F8 key until menu appears. Using keyboard arrow keys, select Safe Mode.

Ricky_22

Ricky_22

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Restart computer, and keep tapping F8 key until menu appears. Using keyboard arrow keys, select Safe Mode.

Cool, and then what do I do please? to check if it is slow shutting down etc:

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Exactly...

usasma

usasma

• PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • MVP
Check to see if the behavior that you experience in normal mode is repeated in Safe Mode.
This will tell us if it's something that loads later on that could be causing the issues.